The end of the year is almost here and today I’m SO ECXCITED to share this special blog post with you! This blog can be used as a workshop for yourself for planning 2019 and making it your best business year yet! Because I’m sure you want to grow, expand on new ideas and make a success breakthrough. Creating this kind of plan for yourself is only going to happen because YOU are going to MAKE IT HAPPEN. So. here’s what you need to do first …
- Be clear about your goals and what you’d like to achieve.
- Take a stand for what you believe in. Invest in yourself.
- Make a plan. Set real, measurable and attainable goals.
- Decide how you’re going to set clear (and organized) actions.
- Think positive and condition yourself for success.
- Give yourself permission to make extraordinary things happen.
All of the above steps are truly important to making what feels impossible possible. Especially those last two on the list.
- Are you prepared to stand out from the crowd?
- Do you believe you can achieve the impossible?
- Are you ready to achieve incredible things?
Whatever you do, do not limit yourself (or let others limit you) because so much is possible! Keep those naysayers on the wayside and don’t let their perception become your perception. Truly make a conscious effort to become more aware of your thoughts because mindful thinking will help you reach reality – makes your dreams reality!
“There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.”
- Brian Tracy, Motivational Public Speaker and Author
Many of us start thinking about what we might do differently after the new year has already begun. So, if you haven’t already put some plans in motion or had time over the holidays to really sit back, breathe and think about what you’d like to do differently this year, now’s your chance!
Are you ready to make your dreams a reality?
Then, let’s get started …
This past year was wonderful, and you achieved a lot. Take a moment and think about your journey …
- How do you feel about it all?
- What worked? What didn’t?
- What goals/projects did you achieve?
- What are you most proud of?
“Most great accomplishments were achieved by people who at first had no idea what they
were doing.” - Brendon Burchard, Performance Coach and Best-Selling Author
New Year Goals:
So, now that we’ve talked about all your previous year successes, let’s move forward into the planning stages of 2019 … Let’s break your bigger picture down into a list of goals.
- What are your top 5 goals for 2019? Write them down in order of their importance to you?
- What do you need to do in order to accomplish all these wonderful new goals?
- Do you already have an idea in mind of when you’d like to tackle these by?
- If so, how are you going to make a plan for yourself in order to achieve everything?
- Do you have any new tools, programs and/or platforms that will help you succeed?
You don’t need to know exactly how you are going to get everything done, but you do need a plan of some sort so that your goals are so overwhelming, and they don’t just stay on your goal wishlist for the entire duration of your life as an entrepreneur.
“You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.”
- Steve Garvey, Former Professional Baseball Player
Alright, my favourite part … time to make a plan!
In order to become the very best version of yourself you will want to remember that the only way you’re going to get where you want to be this year is YOU. So, don’t procrastinate or let your own negative self-talk get in the way.
Find some quiet time and space, and ask yourself the following questions …
- Who do you feel YOU need to be in order to achieve the things you want this year?
- What are the things you feel get in your way and prevent you from doing so?
- What distractions are in your life right now that you feel you need to get a better hold of?
- What do you need to get – and stay – on track (e.g. new tools, a VA, an entire team, etc.).
- What does your business name mean to you?
- What is your business manifesto? If you haven’t yet created one, I suggest doing so. Here’s how.
- What is going to be your theme for the new year? Think business and personally.
Just for fun, my theme for 2019 is this … Great things never come from
comfort zones so be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire!
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
- Thomas Edision, American Inventor
In the end, it’s not about working harder … it’s about working smarter and focusing on the things that will really drive your business. So, if you’re swamped with the day-to-day’s and just need some structure/support to create less stress … Or maybe you’re just beginning to think about becoming and entrepreneur (full-time hustle or on the side) … Or you’re working way too hard and feeling like you don’t have enough to show for your hard work … Or you feel as though life is getting in the way and preventing you from achieving true success … Well, it’s time to stop spinning your wheels and use this guide to plan your best year ever!
We all dream big dreams! But you need more than just some fancy coloured post-it notes to make your goals a reality. You need a real plan to move you closer to your dream business every single day.
So, as 2018 winds down, start thinking about implementing a few of these things in the year ahead. But remember, don’t try to do everything at once – perhaps pick one item a month and focus on executing it before moving on to the next. You will more than likely find that several of your goals go hand-in hand and it will be easy to implement them at the same time, but pace yourself, it’s a marathon, not a sprint!
“It’s not about being the best. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.”
And with that being said … I hope you enjoyed today’s goal planning post. I wish you all a happy, healthy, productive (and yes, organized) and profitable new year! To 2019!!!!
If you found today’s blog post informative, I would be very grateful if you would help it spread by sharing it on social media or emailing it to a friend. You never know whose life you might change. Also, have any topics you’d like to hear more about on my blog? Feel free to drop me a line or post your comments on Virtually Untangled’s Facebook page. Thank you!