Everything we do is guided by our manifesto. It’s about being a part of something larger than just the basics in business.
You may be wondering what I mean by that or even possibly what a manifesto is. Let me explain …
A manifesto documents what your business believes. It shines a light on your perspective. Having a manifesto is shorthand for good business and content marketing practice. Having a good one makes people think ‘this is a business with meaning’. The truly best manifestos are created with the customers in mind, but they are more than just a promise.
“Great manifestos think big. They document the change you want to bring to the world.”
Here are a handful of examples in which I feel produce true meaning beyond just a promise …
That last example you see is actually hung up in my office/art studio to remind me about who I am and what I am capable of as a creative individual and as a human being.
Creating a manifesto for your business can help you in more ways than you may imagine and is a worthwhile exercise in itself; clarifying your thinking and giving you the confidence boost you may need — especially in the beginning stages.
So, if you feel you are ready to write yourself a manifesto, here are some questions to consider …
- When it comes to your industry, what really winds you up and fills your soul with passion?
- What do you feel everyone else gets wrong?
- What could be so much better if people only did something about it?
- If you were “in charge” of your industry, what is the one thing that would need to stop happening right this very second?
- What matters to your customers? To you as a business owner in your industry?
- How does your approach make things better for your customers?
- What are the “top 5 rules” you want to break down for what you can offer better than anyone else?
Manifestos are all about belief, inspiration and passion.
So, ask yourself this … What does your business stand for? Would a manifesto help tell your story?
Interested in sharing your business manifesto? Head on over to Virtually Untangled’s Facebook page and share yours in the comments on this blog thread. Also, don’t forget to stay tuned to Monday’s post as it will be all about Virtually Untangled’s manifesto … in case you’re looking for some additional inspiration! 🙂
If you found today’s blog post informative, I would be very grateful if you would help it spread by sharing it on social media or emailing it to a friend. You never know whose life you might change. Also, have any topics you’d like to hear more about on my blog? Feel free to drop me a line or post your comments on Virtually Untangled’s Facebook page. Thank you!