Okay folks … Let’s get real here for a moment!
You’re busy enough as it is … Writing and sending invoices to clients. Creating, filing and presenting weekly reports on sales, deliverables, hours and tasks. Checking your email, responding to customer inquiries and managing good ‘ol spam that comes along with living in a virtual world. Organizing technical support tickets and participating in chat support. Your brand, networking and literally everything else that comes along with being a business owner.
Too busy for life?
Feeling tired more often than not?
Maybe it’s time to think about what tasks you can handy off to your trusty virtual assistant …
Now, in order to use your virtual assistant to grow your business the way you need, it is better to hire for the role, not the task. What does that mean you ask? It means building a team. A team that can work together to achieve your every business need and desire.
It is important to keep in mind and acknowledge that no one person can handle all the different roles as a VA. It is all about using what you must to get what you want (and need) out of your virtual team.
To help build success in your business, here is a list of 50 tasks that you can outsource to a virtual assistant …!
(If you don’t already have one that is!)
- Dropbox or Google Drive Organization
- Data Entry in Microsoft Office or Google Docs
- Creating and Managing Spreadsheets
- Filtering Emails and Managing Spam
- Database Building and Updating Contacts (or CRM)
- Calendar Management and Appointment Scheduling
- To-Do List Creation and Management
- Preparation of PowerPoint/Keynote Presentations
- PDF Conversation, Splitting and Merging
- Transcription of Video and Audio Files
- Report and/or Form Creation
- Online Research and Content Curation
- Data Mining and Development/Lead Generation
- Moderating Social Media and/or Blog Comments
- Project Management (between you and your team members)
- Creation and Preparation of Training Materials
- Creation of Social Media Business/Group Accounts
- Social Media Management/Scheduling
- Uploading of Video to YouTube Channel
- Editing Basic Audio and/or Video Files
- Creating a New List in Email Marketing Software
- Adding/Removing Subscribers
- Creating/Scheduling Broadcast Emails to Promote Content
- Editing Follow-Up Emails and Auto-Responders
- Creating Email Newsletters
- Editing and Proofreading all Public Documentation
- Basic Image Editing (using Photoshop or Canva)
- Blog Publishing Management
- Moderating Blog Comments
- Blog Content Creation (guest or ghost writing)
- Press Release and/or Newsletter Writing
- Copywriting (do not suggest sales copy here – that’s special)
- Website Analysis
- Weekly/Monthly Google Analytics and Traffic Reports
- Competitor Analysis
- Landing Page Set-up/Creation
- Social Bookmarking (e.g. Digg, Stumble Upon, Reddit, Digg, etc.)
Now, if your VA has creative talents such as graphic/web design or web developing then stop tinkering around in Photoshop (it’s truly a massive waste of time for every entrepreneur that doesn’t know what they are doing) and pay someone who truly does know what they’re doing and able to do it right the first time. Not only will your content look better, but you will be able to spend more time doing other things you love. You know you just love the idea of a creative superhero taking over the design spectrum of ideas you’ve been hoarding. Here’s the list for the creative folk …
- Designing Logos, Banners, Icons, eBooks (and the list goes on …)
- Designing infographics
- Creating Mock-Ups and Designing Websites
- Designing Landing/Sales/Opt-In Pages
- Designing Social Media Graphics and Cover Images
- Basic Video Editing (splicing, dicing and all that fun stuff)
- Website Support and Development
- Installation of WordPress Themes, Plug-Ins and Widgets
- WordPress Theme Research and Customization
- WordPress Functionality and Plug-In Enhancement
- Website Maintenance, security and Troubleshooting
- CRM and Social Media Integration
- Payment Gateway Integration
As you can see from the list of tasks presented here, your VAs can handle almost anything for you and are available at your disposal. Working with Vas has gone much further than most people ever thought possible and keeps growing by the day. It is all about business growth as well as waking up and realizing that, as a business owner, you shouldn’t be doing half the things you’re doing on a day-to-day basis.
I truly hope this shortlist serves as a springboard for you to take the plunge and outsource some help that you know you already need.
If you found today’s blog post to be EXACTLY the type of inspiration and know-how you were looking for, I’d be very grateful if you would help this post spread by sharing it on social media or emailing it to a friend. You never know whose life you might change.
Is your inbox feeling a little blah lately and you’re just aching for some NEW INSPIRATION? Well, consider Virtually Untangled to the rescue …! It’s time to seize the moment by signing up to get INSTANT ACCESS to more posts, just like this one, and to the most inspiring ride of your entrepreneurial life!
Don’t worry, it’s only a once a month email with a blog post round up, some entrepreneurial perks and a few contests. So, what are you waiting for … let’s be inbox friends! 😉