Mind Your Social Media ….!
As with anything else, when it comes to content marketing, you learn from your mistakes. To help you tackle some of the mistakes brands make in the ever-evolving world of social, I am going to be sharing with you a handful of tips you can utilize to keep your momentum moving forward.
Let’s call these tips “social media hygiene”.
- Set clear boundaries between personal vs. professional social spaces.
- Mind your language – ranting and raving can sometimes come back to haunt you.
- Review your privacy settings and limit the number of acquaintances because after all, they shouldn’t have access to your personal information.
- Don’t fall into the “comparison trap” as this will most likely lead to feelings of exclusion.
- Do not write content for any other purpose other than helping people solve a problem.
- Use credible stats, infographics and studies to help strengthen the power of your content.
- Tell stories to help your readers relate to the topic on a more emotional level.
- Keep a clear eye on what’s happening around you and use it to connect the dots with your content.
- Divide your content into sections to help keep your thought process — and your audience’s attention span — intact.
Building relationships builds business. People do business with people, not brands. Social media is “social” and has exploded. So, just like social skills and social interactions, etiquette is required to build the positive relationships and branding that you intend. Don’t miss the opportunity to be involved in your social media platforms – there is more out there than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Your business is unique and the social media activity you choose needs to be aligned with your needs.
So, ask yourself … Are you using social media for the “right” reasons?
Like this blog post?
If you found today’s blog post to be exactly the type of inspiration and know-how you were looking for, we would be very grateful if you would help this post spread
by sharing the LOVE with it socially, emailing it to a friend or dropping us a comment with your thoughts. You never know whose life you might change.