The Dead Zone is a No-Zone …!
No matter the size of your business, communication is a crucial factor in its success. A company where good communication is practiced tends to be very productive. On the flip side, bad communication can have some disastrous consequences for your company. How? Well, here are some of the effects of bad communication as well as good reasons for measuring and fixing poor communication with your team (whether virtual or in-person) as well as your clients entrusting their business in your hands. While you’re reading through today’s post, ask yourself …
What are you doing to measure communication?
Is there room for improvement?
If so, how do you plan on getting things back on track?
With those in mind, some education is needed in order to help you understand why we need to measure and what communication measurement can do – even when a problem has already been identified.
- Highlight and breakdown the key issues that exist.
- Pinpoint critical areas which have room for improvement.
- Establish a baseline while making smart decisions.
- Make sure the audience’s (or team if this is an internal struggle) needs are being met.
- Drill down on the data and leverage your communication resources (what’s working / what’s not).
- Commit to follow through while driving accountability (pay attention to engagement).
The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. ~ George Bernard Shaw, Playwright
Following those few – but very important steps – is an excellent way to assess where communication is working and where it is not whether it be internally with your team or externally to your target audience. These tips will help get you on the right track to more effectively connecting with your employees and those outside your internal business bubble.
With that being said, we wanted to leave you with a very important connection resource as communication allows us to make the most of who we are individually and collectively with those around us …
- Creating positive personal connections with clients, colleagues and leaders.
- Preventing poor decision-making that results from miscommunication.
- Internal ideas to increase productivity, results and impact are freely shared.
- Engaged employees who feel valued and heard, result in decreased turnover.
- Improved retention results in lower recruiting, interviewing, onboarding and training costs.
So, if you want to INCREASE ENGAGEMENT and motivation and reduce turnover in your business … Or simply want to LEARN TO COLLABORATE for greater impact and communication so your message is heard … We highly suggest you book some virtual coffee time with one of our most favorite clients; Journeous.
Working with the Journeous team will help you unlock possibilities in the world of communication that you may feel are far-fetched and out of reach. They will help you discover the possibilities that EMERGe when what each of us brings to the world is HEARD through the tools of Adaptive Communication as they are passionate about developing your ability to:
- EMPOWER YOURSELF: with the knowledge of your own communication style and how it impacts others.
- MOTIVATE OTHERS: by quickly recognizing their communication preferences and knowing how to “charge their batteries” in the moment.
- ENGAGE PEOPLE: by making small adjustments to your behavior that will ensure your intended message is received.
- REDUCE MISCOMMUNICATION: by listening for signs if distress and having tools to quickly resolve conflict.
- MEET GOALS: when people are motivated, engaged and communication is clear, goals can be achieved efficiently – saving both time and money.
If you’re tired of not being heard, feeling frustrated and misunderstood …
Like this blog post?
If you found today’s blog post to be exactly the type of inspiration and know-how you were looking for, we would be very grateful if you would help this post spread
by sharing the LOVE with it socially, emailing it to a friend or dropping us a comment with your thoughts. You never know whose life you might change.